Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering my friends on 9-11


Photo taken in Jersey City, overlooking the Hudson River, 11:30 pm September 11, 2009 by the very talented photo/videographer, Russ Turk.

Since I started this blog I have posted a remembrance of Janis Lasden and Dom Ditullio on this day. The statistics say that 2,823 were killed in the Twin Towers and in the aircrafts on 9/11/01 but 2 of that number have names and faces that meant something to me. They were on their way to a vacation in Palm Springs that beautiful September day.....perfect flying weather.  They were passengers on Flight 11, the first plane to crash into the World Trade Center.



I met them both at the Village Inn back in the day when country line dancing was so popular. We were part of a group that showed up faithfully several nights a week to dance and socialize. That was long before I took pictures everywhere I go and I often wish I had a picture of Jan and Dom dancing. They would twirl around the floor looking like the country version of Fred and Ginger.


I hope they are dancing still......
Countess Bedelia 9/11/2010 09:00:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment