Sunday, February 20, 2011

Me and my Baby

As much as I enjoy my New York City lifestyle, I always get excited when I return to Massachusetts and am reunited with my little red BMW, or "Baby Beamer" as I affectionately call her.  There is something about getting behind the wheel and being in control of where you are going that is a little intoxicating. 

In NYC you spend a lot of time getting from one place to another and most of the time you have little or no control over your journey.  The subway can be late or delayed, taxis are not responding to your frantic arm waving, and even the limo driver can't find the address you want to go to.



But when I click the garage opener and the door rises up and reveals my little baby, I get a little giddy !!  So, even though at 7 pm on Sunday night the stores are closed up tight in suburbia and I was lucky to find a corner store open....unlike my treks home at 3am in NYC where the corner deli will make you a sandwich AND deliver it at that time....I still took the Baby out for a spin when I got home from the train station. 

She gave a little purr of happiness and leaped out into the road with just a touch on the gas pedal.  Reunited and it feels so good :))
Countess Bedelia 2/20/2011 08:14:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment