Friday, June 19, 2009

Gladys returns to Rumpy's Tavern!

Regular readers of The Countess Blog will remember when Gladys first made her appearance here at Rumpy's Tavern. You can read all about that night HERE. Was it really two years ago????



Anyway, tonight The Countess drove to the Berkshires from Castle Bedelia through a deluge of biblical proportions. What a drive down the Mass. Pike!! As I pulled into the Summer Palace, my first thought was that I needed a Glenlivet....and where better to quench my thirst than Rumpy's Tavern!



The kids from Camp MahKeeNac were back. Beautiful young people from England, Belgium, who knows where else!! This handsome young man was the one who christened me Gladys two years ago.....
Troy put on the American Idol game which functions like a karaoke system with comments from Simon, Paula, and Randy....including ratings on your performance.




This young man won the 'Best Hat' performance rating....




Some of the singing was pretty bloody awful but we gave points for effort!



Princess was the worst of the lot but she looked damn good at the microphone!





Finally The Countess took the mike for a rendition of "My Guy" which brought down the house.





As Steve said when I was packing up to leave...."Tell Peter he missed the best performance of the summer!"

Countess Bedelia 6/19/2009 12:17:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment